- Welcome to Reception Class Page!
HOME LEARNING DURING SCHOOL CLOSURE
We have moved our home learning to Seesaw! Seesaw is an online platform that allows children and parents to message their class teachers and share what they have learnt.
You should have received your unique Seesaw code by text message. If not, please email us.
Please go to https://web.seesaw.me/ or download the Seesaw app onto yours, or your child’s device. Click “I’m a student” and enter your code.
Have a look at the Parent Guide to Home Learning and Pupil Introduction to Seesaw links below. Please also complete the Parental Consent form to give permission for your child to use Seesaw.
Reception is made up of two classes:
- Ruby Class
Teacher: Miss Trys Sadowski
- Diamond Class
Teacher: Miss Daisy Flynn
Our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) are Miss S Parsons, Mrs S Fudgell and Mrs L Lockyer (Wed, Thurs, Fri).
What are we learning this term?
Have a look at what we are doing in class:
Tapestry provides each individual child with their own e-learning journey. Further information is available on the main Tapestry website.
- Parents and carers are given a personal log-in using their email address and password. Log-in details are given to parents at the beginning of term. If you have not received your log-in details, please contact a member of the EYFS team via the academy office.
- All our EYFS staff have a secure pin log-in number. Staff record and assess our pupils, linking observations to the EYFS curriculum and uploading photo or video media as evidence.
- Once saved and completed, each observation is approved by Miss Flynn.
- An email is then automatically generated to parents/carers set up to that child’s account and they are informed that an observation has been added so they can have a look and add any of their own comments
The Tapestry App is available to download for iPhone and Android devices from the respective App Store.
How to use Tapestry to view your child’s journal
- Go to the log-in page of the Tapestry website
- Enter your personal email and password
- You can then view your child’s journal and look through the observations. You can print these off for your own keeping if you wish
- You can add your own comments at the bottom of the observation
- You can also add your own observations using your phone/ tablet or via the web