Dear parent or carer,
We hope you enjoyed the Easter break and are looking forward to the summer term.
I wanted to write to you as many of you will have seen media coverage of a website called ‘Everyone’s Invited’ (www.everyonesinvited.uk) over recent weeks.
At Ilminster Avenue, we continue to proudly promote a culture that fosters respect, healthy relationships and challenges abuse of all kinds. We are encouraged by the fact that Ofsted will be reviewing safeguarding practices in schools across the country as a result of ‘Everyone’s Invited.
As an academy we will always:
- Enable all children to report concerns freely and in the knowledge that they will be taken seriously
- Challenge any form of derogatory language or behaviour
- Ensure our curriculum helps to educate pupils about appropriate behaviour
- Work with external agencies where appropriate to ensure the right support is in place for all
- Ensure pupils and parents/carers know they can always talk to staff
We would also like to take this opportunity to highlight some of the support available to you. In addition to contacting us here at the academy at any time, the NSPCC has recently created a helpline (0800 136 663) for parents/carers and young people and can be contacted via email@example.com.
The following websites also provide additional information and support:
The safety of our pupils is and always will be our number one priority. As always, if you would like to discuss any of the above then please do not hesitate to contact the academy at Ilminster Avenue.