Thursday 2nd September 2021
Dear Parent or Carer,
We hope you have had a restful summer. Below is a reminder of some of the details for returning to school on Monday 6th September.
September will see the easing of restrictions and school life returning to normal. Some of the main changes are:
- The removal of bubbles with children mixing in larger numbers;
- The return of whole-school playtimes and lunchtimes;
- Assemblies in the hall with singing making a comeback 😊;
- No staggered starts and end times. We will revert back to 8:40 and 3:15pm for drop off and collection times;
- Schools are no longer required to track and trace close contacts of a positive case;
- No children under the age 18, or staff who are double jabbed, will need to self-isolate if they are a close contact of someone who tests positive;
- Face coverings will not be mandatory in communal areas but can of course be worn through choice.
Some of our vital covid measures will remain. These include
- The one-way system for dropping off and collecting the children. This will continue in September;
- Regular handwashing, well ventilated rooms and general hygiene;
- Regular cleaning of the school;
- No one should be on school site with covid symptoms;
- Anyone who tests positives will need to self-isolate;
- Keep the isolation room in school to use when needed.
We will be returning to wearing school uniform every day and bringing in a PE kit to get changed into at school. We will update you with PE days shortly.
We cannot wait to see you all next week!