Our safeguarding team comprises of Felicity Hawkins as designated safeguarding lead with Michelle Mills (currently on maternity leave) Leon McMeechan and Alison Pippard as Deputy Safeguarding leads. We also have Claire Peters and Cherrie Potter as part of the overall safeguarding team. Any safeguarding concerns are reported to us and we will investigate and take action if necessary.
Click the link below to see the team.
Safeguarding Leads /Mini Leads
- Designated Safeguarding Lead – Felicity Hawkins
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads – Leon McMeechan ( maternity cover) and Alison Pippard
- Prevent – Alison Pippard
- Female Genital Mutilation, Child Sexual Exploitation, – Leon McMeechan ( maternity cover)
- Mental Health – Cherrie Potter
- Children Missing in Education – Leon McMeechan
- Online Safety – Phil Bennett
- Equality & Diversity – Christine Stanger
Peer-on-peer abuse-Felicity Hawkins
Young carers-Alison Pippard
Other Identified Leads
- First Aid Lead – Kelly Taylor-Barry
- Individual Health Care Plan Lead – Alison Pippard
- Individual Health Care Plan Practitioner – Alison Pippard
When a concern is raised we will talk to the child in the first instance using the ‘Tell, Explain and Describe’ process. We will contact parents as appropriate.
We work closely with many different outside agencies, such as First Response and Early Help, who can offer support to families. In some situations we will need to inform parents of our requirements to involve these agencies. First Response is operated by qualified social workers who are able to discuss any concerns and offer advice and initiate follow-up if necessary. We also liaise with the Bristol North safeguarding advisor team and our E-ACT Safeguarding System Leader, John Spring, who advises on Safeguarding and Attendance.
Have a look at our Ilminster Avenue E-ACT Academy Safeguarding Booklet, to help you around the school.
You can also read our Safeguarding Policy below:
The links below are some useful sites which also promote safety of children and may support you in knowing who to refer to when reporting a safeguarding incident. They will also show you ways to stay safe online and support you in keeping children safe where you have concerns about different kinds of abuse.
Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership
Bullying/Peer on Peer/Equality
CiC/Young Carers/Private Fostering